Saturday, March 17, 2007

Means- Sending Your Strength



I am a huge fan of melodic hardcore, the mixture of progressional guitar melodies, mixed with tasteful growls and deeply emotional singing parts. Bands like Beloved, Life in Your Way, and Changing of Times Underoath perfected this.
Facedown's Canadian imports Means is Facedown's latest melodic hardcore band. Lets start off by saying that this band is just plane good. I heard about them randomly through MySpace, bought their E.P. and liked what I heard. Their full length is an expansion if you will on that E.P.
A little less melody and a little more heavyness which isn't a big deal, some bands do it.
The record is good, it's a decent full length, and it's one of those general debuts. It's nothing special, but it's not bad by any means (no pun intended).
There are alot of high points, in this record, and really aren't any bad parts, other than the fact that the record gets a little boring.
It's not something I wanna pop in because it's great, I almost want to listen to it because I feel bad I haven't in a while.
The production is good, the song composition is good, the only drawbacks is it's just a little too basic all the way around.
Maybe some kind of ELABORATE single, or huge breakdowns, or sometime special in the production.
Bottom line, it's a good record, just not special.

FINAL GRADE: B

No comments: