Friday, March 2, 2007

Life in Your Way- Waking Giants





Life in Your Way's latest endeavor is simply incredible. This band is the definition of melodic hardcore, and has been one of the most unique in the genre since 2003. This is their debut release on Solidstate, but their third record overall.
One of the highpoints of the record is the diversity in song styles, while still staying true to the LIYW sound.
This record reminds me more of their first CD, but is definitely a progression from anything they have done.
The only thing I think I will have trouble getting used to on this record, is the rawness in the production quality. In previous records, the quality wasn't that great, but became almost a benchmark in the LIYW sound. I miss that.
On a side note, one thing I fail to mention in other reviews, but I ALWAYS take into consideration, is the amazing packaging of this record. It's something that shouldn't be spoiled, so you owe it to yourself to go out and pick up the hardcopy of this CD.


FINAL GRADE: A

No comments: