Tuesday, March 27, 2007

March Wrap Up

So this is the last Tuesday of the month, which means the last time I will get pre releases for the month of March (I will get more but I have to tally them for April).

So in light of such event, jayeMOSH reviews will be giving you a run-down of sorts on the reviews we've done. Some notable releases and not so notable releases will be discussed.

My favorite record for the month of March goes to Vanna's debut full-length Curses (even thhough the record isn't REALLY out yet). It was shockingly good, and a breathe of fresh air amoung so many bands that are trying to do the same thing as them.
Some more really good releases I enjoyed were Sleeping Giant's bedut, as well as the return of From Autumn to Ashes with their latest Holding a Wolf by the Ears, and as always, the great Anberlin.

Some not so great releases this month was one of the worst record i've heard in a long time, The Showdown's Temptation Come my Way. The record was offensive in how bad it was. You really don't have to read my review of it, plain and simple, it's completely different from their debut record which was amazing, and it's a Metallica rip-off. There are only two good songs on the CD, and one of them is a cover song.
Some other that we're just below par, were Haste the Day's latest Pressure the Hinges, and the latest Comeback Kid album,

One final thing I did want to comment on.
I'm kinda going back on the way I felt about Maylene's new record. I still feel the same way about most of it, but after giving it a few more listens, i'm starting to enjoy it. And the packaging is inrcredible. I'm not gonna change the original grade, but based on my latest listen, it's probably a B.

Anyways...
I can't remember too many releases coming in April, but you can expect the new Chariot record very soon.

Thanks
-Jaye

No comments: