Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Christmas Music Recommendations

The holiday season is upon us, and every year I make quite the extensive Christmas playlist for myself, and most of my friends. I try to make a good mix of traditional songs by unconventional artists.

Here are some of my recommendations.



RELIENT K - LET IT SNOW BABY... LET IT REINDEER


Relient K came out with their first Christmas recording in 2003, called Dec the Halls and Bruise Your Hand, this record is actually included in their most recent release, Let it Snow... Let it Reindeer, which also offers a handful of new recordings, amoung original songs.

Their version of the 12 Days of Christmas mixes the normal version with pop punk riffs, and even gives a few humorous calls in the chorus. Definitely a pick up.


DUSTIN KENSRUE - CHRISTMAS ALBUM -


So this record doesn't drop until November 18th, but we got a little taste of it on this guy's previous release. The man above's name is Dustin Kensrue, and he's the vocalist/guitarist for post-hardcore powerhouse: Thrice. Last year he put out an Alternative Country solo release, which included a couple Christmas songs. Now, later this month, Kensrue will drop his second record, but this one is a full Christmas album, including both original songs and Christmas Carrols.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to check out Dustin's music. I did not see a link to his page?

Also, I have Christmas some tunes on my blg. You can review them, if you like.
CLICK HERE!
Thanks,

Chris