Saturday, December 20, 2008

2008 Albums of the Year

I decided to take a different approach this year.
Normally I do a top 25, and do summaries of the top 10. Unfortunately, I simply didn't have enough time to do that, and there are just far too many great albums of this year to do a top 25.

So here we go.
Feel free to comment on them, post yours, or we can debate about why I chose what I did.

Also, I probably forgot about some albums, so I apologize.

1. Kanye West - 808's & Heartbreak
2. Death Cab for Cutie - Narrow Stairs
3. Emarosa - Relativity
4. Means - To Keep me From Sinking
5. Norma Jean - The Anti-Mother
6. Metallica - Death Magnetic
7. Saints Never Surrender - Brutus
8. Take it Back - Can't Fight Robots
9. Misery Signals - Controller
10. Trenches - The Tide Will Swallow us Whole


Honorable Mentions
Lower Definition - The Greatest of All Lost Arts
Underoath - Lost in the Sound of Seperation
Our Last Night - The Ghost Among Us
Spitfire - Cult Fiction
Destroy the Runner - I Lucifer


Best Debut
Our Last Night - The Ghost Among Us

Best Production
Misery Signals - Controller (Devin Townsend)

Breakout Album of the Year
Emarosa - Relativity

Best Song
Robots 3 Humans 0 - Norma Jean

Worst Album of the Year
Attack Attack - Someday Came Suddenly

No comments: