Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Reading the Dark Knight Returns

So recently I picked back up The Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller (Sin City, 300). It's an amazing graphic novel that i've had for a while, I just don't think I ever finished it.

Anyways...
For those kinda looking to explore their imaginations...
I recommend picking it up like I have and reading it as a sequel to the Dark Knight movie. It offers quite a bit of closure/continuity to the story. It picks up in the future when Bruce Wayne/Batman is older. The Joker is also older but starts up his tricks again. Harvey Dent is dead, but Two Face reigns. It's pretty sweet to read it this way, even going so far as reading it with Ledger's Joker voice in my head. That's pretty sweet. Batman also has a tank like in the movie haha.

Read it
It's good times.

No comments: