Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Still Remains- Serpants

Luckily for most of you reading this, I couldn't find a decent image of the cover of Still Remains sophomore release Serpants, due to the fact that it is absolutely horrible. Putting that aside, I really was anticipating this release. I'm a big fan of Still Remains, and upon first listen I was thinking this was going to be a decent release. Then after closer listens, I quickly understood, this was a sad exscuse for a radio friendly metalcore release.
I was quick to defend Still Remains upon the eve of the Metalcore boom as a legit band, however, after this record, I understand that they too have succumb to the cheesy bug. The record is saturated with catchy singing, and swift melodies, all of which do not seem as heart felt as their previous release.
The production of this record sounds good, but is not enough to save it.
It's a sad day, as metalcore has lost one of it's finest.

FINAL GRADE: D+

No comments: