Tuesday, July 3, 2007

At the Throne of Judgment- Arcanum Order

Im sure everyone who has ever read my reviews on either a Rise Records band, or someone who has recorded with acclaimed producer Joey Sturgis knows how I feel about both. However, when listening to Rise Records legit Metal band At the Throne of Judgement, I myself have to take a step back on both stances.
ATTOJ's debut Arcanum Order makes me wonder how this band is even on Rise Records, rhis is a straight up LEGIT metal record, along the lines of At the Gates, and not the same way that As I Lay Dying seemed like At the Gates, instead, the way At the Gates sounds like At The Gates.
The musicianship on this record is incredible, espeacially considering this band is so young. It's a breathe of fresh air to hear such a record from such a young band.
I think one of my favorite parts of this release is the feel from the production aspect. For the first time, I really feel like producer Joey Sturgis hasn't over produced a record. Their are asthetics that are not only in the right places, but actually add to the record. For instances, on the track "The Mariners Cutlass" at the end of the track, you hear the sound of a tied up boat floating by a dock, the effects are truly cinematicin which I am a sucker for.
Im excited to see where this band is going, and hopefully it stays like this. This record is def. a contender for top records of the year, especially considering it's a debut.

FINAL GRADE: A+

No comments: