Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Grading Disclaimer

I know I rate my albums different than most people, which is kind of the point, but here's a little discription of the rating system.

First of all...
At the end of the year, when I do my top 25 albums of the year, the grading system has absolutely nothing to do with my top 25 albums of the year. I don't even take that into consideration actually. Sometimes records grow on me, and sometimes they lose their touch.

+/-
The pluses and minuses indicate the strength and weakness level of the record. A plus generally means something about the record makes it above the average grade that it's been given, just not enough to take it to the next level. A minus usually means the opposite.

A
A great record, one that is to be noticed for multiple reasons.

B
A good record, nothing special about it though

C
A mediocre record, usually with high points, but nothing to go out of your way to listen to.

D
Less than par, a record that is usually lacking in many areas, and is less than mediocre.

F
Failure to make a notable record

No comments: